Friday, January 25, 2013

I won't forget.


I’m getting older.
            Another year.
This year, I want to be a better remember-er.
            Those of you reading this may or may not know me personally, regardless, I’ve changed.  And not merely my looks, etc. No, I mean CHRIST! You see, over the past four years I’ve been learning. And learning. And guess what? I’m still learning.  Learning to live to, in, and through my Lord.  Learning to believe, to love, to serve…Well, I think my case is presented.  God has truly, to the deepest sense, been teaching me so much the past four years.  He has been teaching me pretty major things; things I still have lots of working/learning on. 
            So, I’ve compiled a sort of ‘Remember’ list of lessons from these past four years.  A Remember List in which I put some (not all, there are to many for me to count; that’s why I need a savior, btw.) of key things I believe that I have been, and quite frankly, still am learning, from my God, The Almighty.
Without further ado, here it is folks:

I won’t forget
-God delights in me. Now, I knew this from a young age. But I never really allowed it to hit home, well not till recently. And guess what?  When you begin to believe and embrace that ‘He has rescued you because he delights in you..’(psalm 18:19), it changes things.
-What you focus on is where you’ll end up. Please take this into consideration, for the sake of your soul.
-It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.
-I am treasured. Emotionally and mentally I’ve always been the sensitive type. And not in a good way.                                                                                                                                                   Well, I must back up a bit.  These past four years have been a lot for me. And some of the days extremely challenging and trying. And I’ve had more than plenty things said, not said, implied towards, and have been treated in ways that I would allow to make me feel much, much less than treasured.  Being exaggerative, I allowed the devil to use it. Let me just say, he did a good job.  I felt unloved, worthless, and so many more things.  I became them; I was not pleasant; I did not love; I was a total wreck by the time I’d go to bed each night.  But guess what?  The pain and hurt isn’t the end.  There’s more to your story and mine that’s too bright to ignore.  God, all along, had treasured and loved me.  He knew it all, he’d heard all my negative ramblings, but He still chose me! Not only that, but He (in His word) claims, celebrates, and accepts me as HIS! My Redeemer treasures me. Dearly. This brings me to another point…
-I am found in Christ.  Not in the approval of people.  Not in anything. In CHRIST! In Him , I have peace that surpasses all understanding, I have true hope, I have an everlasting rock, I have my dearest companion, I am a bride, I have true satisfaction, I have forgiveness, In Him I have undeniable truth, I have eternal joy, I have abundant and everlasting life, In Him I find my strength, In Him is my EVERYTHING!
-Christ came to break my chains apart.
-I exist to know, make known and glorify The Maker. That’ll preach.
-It is only my duty to go hard for my Lord.  Galatians 6:9: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Luke 17:10: “…So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, "We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty."  Romans 16:19: “…Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil.”
-Family is where it’s at! Both literally and in Christ!
-I have some ridiculously amazing people in my life. Seriously, The Lord made them. That’s pretty awe-inspiring. Love them well.  Which brings me to another point…
-Love well.  Be overflowing with the Agape of God! Have a heart that Loves, in 1 Corinthians way. Love is not easy, actually it is the exact opposite of what my culture makes it look like.
Some of the Biblical principles on Love:
*Love is selfless
*To love well is to serve Christ well
*Love is hard
*Love all
*God is Love. When we reflect our Creator’s sincere love, we do what we were made to do.
-Embrace the Lord and His word. When you declare over yourself the Lord’s word, it changes you. Supernaturally.  When you read, dig deep and put it into practice, Christ in you shines through. Though, you MUST be consistent.
-Speak positive things over your Life. Cling to the life-gving, positive words of The Lord. It’s essential to a healthy mindset/perspective.
-Press on to what lies ahead. Philippians 3 MSG Version; Paul says pretty dang well. Hebrews 12:2-3, James 1, Hebrews 10-11, Colossians 3:1-17.
-It’s not about me. To an extent, it is. It is in that, My Savior loves me more than I comprehend, but I must maintain an outlook of “Him and Them”!  I am called to serve God, then others, I am third.  It’s not about me. It’s about Him and Them.
-Live in a manner that pleases The Most High.
-Be a light. Be determined to be the change you want to see.  Speak Positively. Spread the change that Christ brings.
-My cup runneth over. In all manners, God has deeply and richly blessed me. So undeserved. So grateful
-I’m learning that I’m still learning.
-ABOVE ALL SEEK THE LORD.
-God doesn’t fit into my plan, I fit into His.


So, I don’t have it all together. But I’m learning.
Well folks, I’ve decided I won’t forget.  The Lord has done great things for me. Through Him, In Him, and to Him, I’ll remember. 


And I'm curious...This year, how do you intend to Remember/Learn from what you've learn't and are learning? I'd love to talk with you!

P.S. So very sorry for all spelling and grammar errors!! Because of the way I typed this, I am currently unable to correct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment